Job Summary: Under the direction of the Electrical Mechanic Supervisor, install, maintain and repair electrical systems on the Interstate, State Truck, and Milwaukee County Highway Systems.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical power, transmission, lighting, communication signal, alarm systems, traffic signals, instruments, apparatus and other equipment.
- Terminate and complete splices on high voltage cable.
- Troubleshoot circuit problems.
- Install motors, motor starting switches and remote equipment.
- Troubleshoot motor controls and automatic sequence controls; work from blueprints, sketches specifications and diagrams to requisition supplies and materials.
- Use tools of the electrical trade for component construction; to follow local and national codes and safety requirements.
- Operate CDL rated power lift boom trucks while working at extreme heights and in confined spaces.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Milwaukee County offers competitive benefit package including group life, health and dental insurance; including major medical coverage of employees and dependents; deferred compensation and contributory pension plan, pre-tax childcare and dependent care program. Additionally, the federal government offers a loan forgiveness program for employees that serve in the public sector.