Job Summary: Carpenters perform the basic function of repairs and new construction. They also monitor roof, window, flooring and most non-mechanical components of the buildings. Though many times cosmetic, the Carpenters are also responsible for the proper functioning of all walk through and overhead doors, and other building features such as cubicles, ceiling grids, etc.
- Perform inspections of Department assets for building code compliance & maintenance needs; perform routine and emergency repairs of buildings and structures including, but not limited to, doors, windows, roofs, walls, floors, ceilings, siding, and wooden/timber structures.
- Design and build new construction including, but not limited to, show props, furniture, cabinets, custom molding, and signs.
- Install, remodel, repair and maintain lock mechanisms, door openers, closures, and hardware.
- Process purchase requests; inventory supplies; process work orders, review blueprints, building codes and technical manuals; assist with project management; maintain logs, ensure safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Inspect and maintain all equipment and tools related to the performance of job duties.
- Perform repairs in association with supporting the other Trades work, ie wall repair after interior repairs, moving of cubicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.