Electrician - Facilities Management
|Position Type: Full-time, hourly|
Department: Facilities Management
|Compensation Range: $66,653 annually ($32.04 hourly)|
|Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled|
Job Summary: To oversee electric distribution and repair/maintain building electrical systems. To also operate, maintain and repair high voltage distribution systems.
Perform electrical services maintenance; to perform inspections of Department assets for building code compliance and maintenance needs; perform routine and emergency repairs of electrical systems to include wiring, appliances, generators, switches, equipment, apparatus, controls and fixtures;
Administration; to inventory supplies; process work orders, review blueprints, building codes and technical manuals; assist with project management; maintain logs; ensure relevant safety codes and regulations are followed;
Locating utilities; to locate and identify buried underground electrical and communication utilities accurately and efficiently;
Equipment maintenance; to inspect and maintain all equipment and tools related to the performance of job duties;
Special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required;
- At least five (5) or more years of work experience as a Journeyman Electrician required;
- Possession of a State of Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician Certification required.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- State of Wisconsin Master Electrician license preferred.
- Experience with fire alarm, uninterruptible power source, HVAC control, frequency drive, and/or emergency generator systems preferred.
- Eligible candidates must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
PG5408 (5700 Facilities Mgmt) A. Nixon
|In accordance with Rule III Section 11 of the Civil Service Rules a non-competitive examination will be held for this position. The non-competitive examination will consist of a review of candidate materials, education and related experience. |
Milwaukee County offers competitive benefit package including group life, health and dental insurance; including major medical coverage of employees and dependents; deferred compensation and contributory pension plan, pre-tax childcare and dependent care program. Additionally, the federal government offers a loan forgiveness program for employees that serve in the public sector.