Admissions Representative - 3rd Shift - Full Time
|Position Type: Full-Time, Hourly|
Department: Behavioral Health Division (Watertown Plank location)
|Compensation Range: $12.62 to $17.67 per hour|
|Closing Date: 03/09/2018 @ 5:59 p.m. CST|
Full time with hours 3rd Shift: 11:15 pm to 7:15 pm
Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Department (BHD) Crisis Services provides help to individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis. We make it a goal to prevent hospitalization as much as possible, but part of our service includes emergency hospitalization if needed.
Job Summary: The Admissions Representative position staffs the 24/7/365 day registration function supporting the PCS ER, IP/OP dept., and community agencies. The primary function of the position is to interview clients to obtain demographic, fiscal, insurance and consent information entering the data into the BHD electronic medical record (EMR) system. All staff are required to work every other weekend AND holidays. All staff is subject to mandatory overtime; however, schedules are set up in advance a month at a time.
- Maintain the computerized Medical Record files for all patients, including opening and closing episode of care, diagnosis, and attending medical staff information.
- Interview client or client representative and enter all demographic information into the electronic medical record.
- Interview client or client representative and enter all insurance information into the electronic medical record.
- Obtain consent to treat and bill, and obtain data required by Medicare and Medicaid.
- FAX operated and contacted agencies regarding client episode if client has an open episode at that agency (i.e. Community Service Programs). Provide client assessments as required.
- FAX Title 19 insurance HMOs assessment information as required for prior notification.
- Check the Wisconsin Medicaid portal, the Federal Medicare portal and Emdeon (for commercial insurance) to obtain current insurance eligibility. Print copy of eligibility information for Verification Department.
- Complete the Midnight Census.
- Complete Mobile episodes of care insurance checks and update/complete demographic information on 3rd Shift.
- Make client wristbands and place on client’s wrist. Make labels for use on inpatient units for identification of client papers.
- Provide clients with client rights information and fiscal brochure.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
HS Diploma or equivalent GED
AT LEAST one (1) year of practical work experience in a customer service role (e.g. retail or office).
AT LEAST one (1) year of practical work experience in an insurance verification role.
Ability to work considerable irregular hours due to frequent overtime, weekend or shift rotation.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Additional skills in basic data entry with a high rate of speed and accuracy; ability to understand and follow both written and oral directions; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with peers and others involving explanation of information which may include sensitive or confidential information. Candidates are required to be skilled in the use of computers, internet, printing, and other basic office equipment.
|Special Instructions: This Original Examination is open to qualified candidates currently residing in the State of Wisconsin. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.|
Milwaukee County offers competitive benefit package including group life, health and dental insurance; including major medical coverage of employees and dependents; deferred compensation and contributory pension plan, pre-tax childcare and dependent care program. Additionally, the federal government offers a loan forgiveness program for employees that serve in the public sector.
Milwaukee County is an Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability genetic information or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements.