NEVER FORGET WHY YOU BECAME A NURSE
At the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division, we never do. In fact, the words purpose, drive and compassion are at the bedrock of what we do and who we are. With our transformation to become the national leader in behavioral health services, we won’t hire people who don’t share those values. But for the ones who do, we go a step further. We offer financial perks and an opportunity to be on the front line with a team changing the way behavioral health care is delivered to Milwaukee County. We need nurses who have what it takes to make a difference in the lives of Milwaukee County residents with mental health needs.
If you are a new or upcoming nursing graduate looking to work 2nd or 3rd shift, we have a great opportunity for you! Milwaukee County Behavioral Health is hiring Graduate Nurses to work in our acute care, child/adolescent, and crisis/emergency departments.
Job Summary: Directs and provides nursing care for patients utilizing the nursing process while adhering to the ANA Psychiatric - Mental Health Nursing Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
• Applies the nursing process in the provision of patient care.
• Maintains and supervises a safe recovery-oriented environment/milieu for patients and staff.
• Descriptive: Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to meet patient needs.
• Directs and delegates patient care to other staff in accordance with patient needs and staff capabilities and qualifications.
• Responds and intervenes appropriately to behavioral and medical emergencies.
• Documents information related to patient care utilizing approved forms and technology per policy and procedure.
• Provides patient and family education as indicated.
• Plans and performs group activities with patients.
Sign on bonus paid during the first year of employment. First half paid after successful completion of six month probationary period from date of hire. Second half paid out at one year anniversary. Current Milwaukee County Employees are not eligible for new hire sign on bonus.
This position is open on a continuous basis until further notice.