The IT Manager – Healthcare Applications is the focal point for managing application support and maintenance for electronic healthcare systems at the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. This position will liaise between IMSD and BHD and manage the delivery and support of applications that ensure that the needs of business users are fully addressed and continuous improvement is being achieved. The IT Manager – Healthcare Applications will be held accountable for ensuring that their team is meeting expectations and completing tasks.
- Manage, mentor, and retain members in area of supervision, establish and maintain a professional culture, set up development strategies to promote high performing staff and work environment; Leads performance management process for area of supervision.
- Oversee Level 2 and Level 3 Application and System support. Identify and actively manage the application portfolio and supporting technology. Ensure external integrations adhere to IMSD, BHD, and relevant industry standards. This includes managing the hosted electronic medical records (EMR) update and patching process, coordinating testing, and communicating changes appropriately to stake holders.
- Responsible for the budget and monitoring spend for this function; Support the Director of Applications to ensure reporting, maintaining contract management, and ensuring business requirements are met. Develop, implement, and monitor operational process improvement to increase quality of service.
- Review the Application and Systems portfolio to minimize current footprint; reduce incidents through root cause analysis and proactive system enhancements. Oversee application change request and system update processes to increase efficiency and uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with BHD internal stakeholders (including clinical and fiscal staff) to understand the business needs, prioritize solutions, and resolve issues. Model a healthy relationship between the BHD IT Department and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure BHD’s compliance with HIPAA Security policies as it relates to information systems
- Participate in development and maintenance of healthcare technology-related policies and procedures for BHD.
- Manage maintenance, hosting & software contract agreements; Implement & monitor standards around scope management, financial management, service level agreements (SLA), ensure compliance to mitigate risk, increase service/business impact & reduce costs. Manage 3rd party help desk to ensure issues are being addressed quickly & information is gathered for system improvement.
- Leverage healthcare experience to identify potential risks associated with the Application and Systems portfolio. Prioritize and create mitigation and risk retirement strategies. Lead risk retirement projects per priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Management of Healthcare.
- One year of experience in vendor management.
- Two years of experience in Healthcare systems.
- Five or more years of years in managing IT systems, solutions and applications.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Valid state of Wisconsin driver’s license
Milwaukee County offers competitive benefit package including group life, health and dental insurance; including major medical coverage of employees and dependents; deferred compensation and contributory pension plan, pre-tax childcare and dependent care program. Additionally, the federal government offers a loan forgiveness program for employees that serve in the public sector.