|Position Type: Full-time, hourly|
Department: Facilities Management
|Compensation Range: $66,653 annually ($32.04 hourly)|
|Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled|
Job Summary: To oversee electric distribution and repair/maintain building electrical systems. To also operate, maintain and repair high voltage distribution systems.
Perform electrical services maintenance; to perform inspections of Department assets for building code compliance and maintenance needs; perform routine and emergency repairs of electrical systems to include wiring, appliances, generators, switches, equipment, apparatus, controls and fixtures;
Administration; to inventory supplies; process work orders, review blueprints, building codes and technical manuals; assist with project management; maintain logs; ensure relevant safety codes and regulations are followed;
Locating utilities; to locate and identify buried underground electrical and communication utilities accurately and efficiently;
Equipment maintenance; to inspect and maintain all equipment and tools related to the performance of job duties;
Special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required;
- At least five (5) or more years of work experience as a Journeyman Electrician required;
- Possession of a State of Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician Certification required.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- State of Wisconsin Master Electrician license preferred.
- Experience with fire alarm, uninterruptible power source, HVAC control, frequency drive, and/or emergency generator systems preferred.
- Eligible candidates must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
PG5408 (5700 Facilities Mgmt) E.Callow
| Special Instructions: This Original Examination is open to qualified internal and external candidates of the State of Wisconsin. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.|
Milwaukee County offers competitive benefit package including group life, health and dental insurance; including major medical coverage of employees and dependents; deferred compensation and contributory pension plan, pre-tax childcare and dependent care program. Additionally, the federal government offers a loan forgiveness program for employees that serve in the public sector.