Job Summary: Performs custodial and cleaning duties. Assists with party set up and break down at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
· Cleaning - Performs a variety of cleaning duties. Will be responsible for the custodial work in assigned areas. Requisitions and issues cleaning supplies and materials. Checks and reports on needed repairs.
· Maintaining - Mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors. Washes walls, windows, woodwork and equipment. Collects and disposes of all types of rubbish and trash.
· Sets Up and Break Down – Sets up and breaks down tables, chairs, risers, stages, and podiums used at public and private events held at the Zoo. Follows blueprints or instructions from event coordinators. Interacts with staff and visitors to allow for a successful and pleasurable event.
· Miscellaneous - Assists other departments and staff with their duties. Provides information, directions and lends assistance to Zoo visitors.
· Ability to safely and properly operate: pickup trucks, golf carts, and cleaning equipment.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; ability to push and pull up to 100 lbs.
· Other duties as assigned.