Parks Equity Statement: Milwaukee County Parks is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse work force that is demographically and racially representative of Milwaukee County residents. Milwaukee County Parks leadership is committed to honoring diverse experiences, perspectives, and unique identities, while fostering work environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
Job Summary: The Golf Park Maintenance Worker In-Charge reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the Golf In-Charge directs and delegates the golf course grounds maintenance including: greens, tees, fairways, roughs, bunkers, and clubhouse grounds. The Golf In-Charge also helps supervise and perform the maintenance to mowing equipment and other mechanical units.
Work Schedule: Must be flexible to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
· Crew Supervision - Assists in personnel management and evaluation. Disperses daily crew work assignments. Ensures proper safety and discipline as needed. Coordinates crew scheduling and makes adjustments based on weather and golf events. Manages/supervises a full-time seasonal staff. This position also acts as the golf course superintendent in the absence of the superintendent. Position may supervise between 1-15 direct reports at any time.
· Maintenance of Golf Course and Clubhouse Grounds - Oversees and performs the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and natural areas. Maintenance duties of the facility grounds include: mowing, trimming, edging and mulching. During the winter months staff will assist with park operations. This could include plowing snow, snow removal, cleaning and flipping rental halls, grooming cross country ski trails, maintaining and repairing minor equipment.
· Equipment Maintenance - Supervises and performs the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment. Hauls equipment to service department if "in house" resources have been exhausted.
· Project Management - Supervise and manage projects as delegated by the superintendent. Determines supplies needed and number of staff needed to fulfill project completion.
· Chemical and Fertilizer Applications - Supervises and participates in the application of chemicals and fertilizers on the golf course grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations. Calibrates sprayers and spreaders based on the application rates required by pesticide labels.
· Scouting and Monitoring - Perform daily scouting of disease and insect pressure to help determine pesticide application needs. Keep logs of environmental conditions and indicator areas to better plan for chemical control timing.
· Irrigation Maintenance - Observes moisture levels throughout the golf course on a daily basis to determine irrigation needs. Periodically check through sprinklers to ensure proper function. Expose and fix sprinkler or piping issues when they arise. Update and adjust irrigation computer accordingly.
· Record Keeping - Supply accurate records of fuel usage, water usage, daily work assignments, inventories, and other various logs as directed by the superintendent.
· Operation of Vehicles, Machinery and Tools – Operate vehicles, triplex mowers, rotaries, fairway mowers, sand pros, loaders, weed eaters, edgers, blowers, saws, hand tools, power tools, computers and general office equipment.
· Other duties as assigned.