JOB SUMMARY: Under the general management direction of the department the Assistant Highway Maintenance Supervisor will assign, direct and coordinate the work of highway crews in the maintenance, improvements and snowplowing operations on the Interstate, State, and County trunk highways as directed by the State DOT and County officials. The major objective is to keep the motoring public and the citizens of Milwaukee County safe.
· Schedule, prioritize, assign, and direct the work of highway crews.
· Supervise the repair of roads, culverts, sewers, bridges, and curbs.
· Direct crews during snow removal and ice control operations.
· Direct crews to see that grass and weeds are kept under control.
· Investigate complaints from Milwaukee County Supervisors and citizens.
· Maintain records and reports in a timely manner to include crew sheets, work orders, reports to State DOT.
· Requisition, receive, and account for tools, materials, and supplies.
· Work any assigned shift and respond to emergencies when needed.
· Perform all other duties as assigned by upper management.