This posting is recruiting for TWO THIRD SHIFT (12 am to 8 am) positions ONLY! There is a $2.25 Per Hour Third Shift Pay Differential for this position specifically!
Job Summary: Milwaukee County’s Behavioral Health Division (BHD) provides community and hospital based services for people who are experiencing significant, potentially life changing, crisis situations where the clinician is required to quickly develop rapport, thoroughly assess the individual’s mental health and substance use needs, provide recommendations regarding emergency detentions and placement, assist in stabilizing the crisis, and connect the individual to community based resources. A high level of clinical skills, independent decision making, ability to work under pressure, and knowledge of the community is imperative.
The Behavioral Health Emergency Services Clinician (BHESC) is a master’s level and licensed clinician (training license or fully licensed) who provides comprehensive assessment, de-escalation/stabilization, and linkage to resources for individuals experiencing a mental health or co-occurring mental health/substance use crisis.
The BHESC position consists of the following job responsibilities:
- Answering calls on the Crisis Line from individuals experiencing a crisis and in immediate needs of services and support
- Community or hospital based assessments, crisis counseling, and consultation
- Comprehensive clinical support to individual’s residing at the Crisis Stabilization Houses (adult team only)
- Assessment and discharge planning for individuals placed on the Observation Unit (adult team only)
- Providing integrated crisis intervention services overnight by answering calls, coordinating overnight resources, and providing in-person response within the community for both adults and youth
BHD is currently hiring Behavioral Health Emergency Services Clinicians (BHESCs) for the following areas
- Crisis Mobile Teams – two types. Children’s (18 and under) Mobile Crisis is a mental health crisis team licensed by the State of Wisconsin which serves Milwaukee County youth. This team responds to a wide range of needs in homes, schools, and throughout the community, wherever children and families need help to reduce a crisis, solve a problem, or assess a need. The Adult (over 18) Mobile Crisis team provides comprehensive clinical support to individual’s residing at the Crisis Stabilization Houses as wells as for those placed on the BHD Observation Unit.
Sign on bonus paid during the first year of employment. First half paid after successful completion of six-month probationary period from date of hire. Second half paid out at one-year anniversary. Current Milwaukee County Employees are NOT eligible for new hire sign on bonus. Former Milwaukee County employees are also not eligible for the sign on bonus unless they left Milwaukee County service five or more years prior to the new hire date.
Authorized to work in the United States; Wisconsin residency within six (6) months of hire date
Valid Driver's License and access to a reliable insured vehicle; both maintained throughout employment. Able to obtain a valid WI driver’s license within six (6) months of hire date
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or in a closely related field required
Valid WISCONSIN State licensure, free of limitations, is REQUIRED in one of the following:
- Advanced Practice Social Workers (APSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or (LPC-IT
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or (LMFT-IT)
- At least three (3) or more years of recent practical work experience in crisis service
- Availability to work and assigned THIRD SHIFT, including weekends, and holidays is required. Schedule is completed TWO months in advance with the flexibility to amend as needed.
Able and willing to travel, within community, up to 50% of work time
Able to lift/pull up to 25lbs as needed