Parks Equity Statement: Milwaukee County Parks is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse work force that is demographically and racially representative of Milwaukee County residents. Milwaukee County Parks leadership is committed to honoring diverse experiences, perspectives, and unique identities, while fostering work environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
Oversees and manages day-to-day operations, facility budgets, education/programming/event development and implementation, management of staff; develops long term plans for care and maintenance of 220 acres of nature center property; creates opportunities and partnerships within the larger community that would benefit the Milwaukee County Parks Department, including equitable education and programmatic opportunities for a diverse audience in Milwaukee County.
· Develop and Implement Long-Term Plans - Identify projects and initiatives that enhance the visitors experience and techniques including "best practices" in managing a Nature Center.
· Supervision - Recruit, train, supervise, evaluate and establish goals for employees at all levels at the Nature Center.
· Promote the Nature Center - In coordination with the Parks Marketing department, work with media outlets and public relations to generate interest and support from the community and other private organizations, such as the Friends of Wehr and Milwaukee County.
· Reports - Monitor cash reports, attendance/revenue and facility data. Knowledge of department reports, procedures and policies that relate to cash handling and County practices and rules.
· Prepare and Manage Budgets - Monitor and submit correct paperwork for purchases, prioritize projects, goals and objectives to stay within designated budgets for the Nature Center.
· Explore Fundraising and Sponsorship Opportunities - Along with Parks, identify partners, potential sponsorships, grant opportunities, fundraising and organizations that support the mission to further the programming, education, improvement, revitalization and sustainability of the Nature Center.
· Events, Programs, and Education - Provide development and oversight of Nature Center events, programs, and education. Create events that increase interest, exposure and attendance to meet facility revenue targets. Pursue work with vendors, partner organizations, and sponsors to increase visitor numbers through professional production of special events, programming, and education. Explore options to equitably expand the educational reach of programming to diverse audiences.
· Develop and Maintain Customer Service Standards - Establish customer service benchmarks for the facility and employees, and maintain high quality customer service levels.
· Develop and Coordinate Alignment with Partner Organizations - Maintain current partnerships and work to develop new partnerships that could result in mutual benefit and exposure for the facility. Regularly attend meetings to ensure alignment and continued relations with existing partners such as Friends of Wehr, local schools, and event organizers.
· Volunteer Coordination – Work to oversee volunteer coordination in conjunction with Friends of Wehr.
· Land Management – Work with Parks staff and other resources to develop and manage a comprehensive land management approach for the Nature Center property, including strategic plan for invasive plant removal and regular (seasonal or periodic) restoration.
· Ability to pursue inclusivity and equity as a priority
· Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced department.
· Ability to safely and properly operate: various county vehicles, cash registers and general office equipment.
· Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 20 lbs.
· Other duties as assigned.