Accounts Receivable Clerk
|Position Type: Full-Time|
Department: Behavioral Health Division, Watertown Plank Location
|Compensation Range: $14.19 - $19.86 per hour|
|Closing Date: This posting will close on 08/19/2019 @ 5:59pm
CST, or earlier upon receipt of the first 100 application submissions|
Under general direction, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will maintain, review, and analyze accounting functions. This position will process invoices and checks for vendors, providers, foster parents, and kinship care. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will perform data entry for all RCCY stays and group homes as well as complete prior authorization and change of placement report monitoring. This position will also provide Help Desk coverage for troubleshooting user issues.
- Enter invoices in Synthesis and SCRIPTS systems for vendors, match invoices with remittances, mail checks to appropriate vendors, reissue checks as needed. Process invoices for foster parents and kinship care
- Update the legal placement of a child with Children’s Court in an electronic record system, notify system partners and communicate updates with agencies and families.
- Communicate via phone and email daily with agencies and vendors regarding billing concerns. Explain billing processes to new vendors. Work with Wraparound Provider Network in adding new providers and providing support for billing.
- Provide backup coverage for the electronic record system (Synthesis) Help Desk. Answer phone calls to reset user passwords, deactivate user ID's for terminated users, remove errors in entry as directed, troubleshoot user issues. Enter data with minimal errors in a timely manner.
- Assist with operations of Wraparound Milwaukee as assigned.
- Current resident of the state of Wisconsin
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least three (3) total years of progressively responsible work experience in a secretarial, fiscal, and/or administrative support role.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Advance knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machine, printers, scanners, multi-line telephone and copiers is required.
- Proven excellent customer service experience in a client OFFICE setting (Please do not count experience in a retail or restaurant environment)
- Certificate or higher in a computer related field is desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of the principles and practices of the medical billing field; oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with peers, client departments; ability to maintain sensitive or confidential information. Ability to lift and carry up to 20lbs on an occasional basis.
|Note: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the state of Wisconsin. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.|
Milwaukee County offers a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace. Milwaukee County conducts job related criminal background checks and pre-employment screenings.