JOB Summary: This position exists to comply with Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration regulations required to operate a commercial airport, General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) and a general aviation airport, Lawrence J. Timmerman Airport (MWC). This position is responsible for dispatching Milwaukee County Fire Department, issuance of NOTAM’s, ensuring the efficient flow of passengers and traffic through MKE’s facilities and roadways, and to handle several forms of communication and dissemination to personnel at MKE and MWC according to established procedures.
- Answer emergency calls and dispatch Milwaukee County Fire Department (MCFD) in accordance with Airport policies and procedures.
- Monitor, operate, identify, analyze and respond quickly and logically to the following systems: Fire Alarm System, security, cameras, paging, radio counsel, weather, flight tracking and digital NOTAM system.
- Perform inspections of airport facilities and roadways and evaluate hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions, security issues, to ensure compliance with Airport’s policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Document and take appropriate corrective action to ensure compliance and prevent personal injury and/or damage to airport property.
- Dispatch or respond quickly and logically to airport emergencies, incidents, and accidents of various size, scope, and scale. Follow established emergency procedures and ensure compliance with FAR Part 139 and 49 CFR Part 1542.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure the safe and efficient flow of passengers and traffic through the Domestic and International Terminals, Concourses, Roadway, and other facilities at MKE.
- Monitor and ensure that various airport construction and maintenance projects will not have an adverse effect on the safe and efficient operation of airport facilities or the safety of airport patrons and employees.
- Coordinate international flight arrivals and assist with coordination of special events, irregular operations, and special weather events. Provide exceptional customer service.
- Complete various reports to document routine and non-routine events at MKE and MWC. Maintain daily logs and inspections reports. Enter information thoroughly and concisely.
- Skills to operate a computer and knowledge of software programs are necessary such as a Microsoft word, excel and database software.
- Assist with customer needs. Answer phones, radios and computer communication platforms. Disseminate information in an organized manner.
- Meet with various airport users and tenants to resolve routine operational problems and process routine request and complaints. Provide escorts and tours; act as security guard and courier. Knowledge of airport and communication skills.
- Enters information thoroughly and concisely in accordance with FAR PART 139.
- Collect flight schedules from airlines and input into a consolidated database. Provide reports upon request form Airport management. Manage aircraft assignments for all flexible use gates, hardstand, and parking locations. Ensure compliance with the flexible use resource policies and procedures. Monitor and troubleshoot Air IT gate and ticketing stations.
- Make sound decisions based on established procedures and resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Possession of valid driver’s license at time of application with the ability to obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within six (6) months of hire and maintained throughout employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management, Business Administration or in a related field. Note: Additional four (4) years relevant experience required to substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least one (1) year of work experience at a Commercial Service Airport (Part 139) in an Airport Operations Department or one (1) year experience at a Commercial Airline in an Operations/logistics department OR have completed an internship at a Commercial Service Airport in an Airport Operations Department.
- Demonstrated high level of customer service experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of all computer related and software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, GIS applications, and communications platforms.
- Must undergo a criminal history background check to maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secured area of the airport.
- Ability to work assigned shift any day or night of the week, weekends, and holidays is required. Position is subject to 24-hour emergency call-in.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of airport operations practices, and procedures; knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation and Security Administration rules and regulations regarding operational safety; knowledge of Airport Emergency procedures; knowledge of airport facilities; oral and written communication skills; customer service skills; skilled in the use of computers, hand held radio, portable signs; decision making ability in stressful conditions; ability to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; ability to write clear and comprehensive reports; ability to solve problems using applicable regulations under stressful conditions; ability to walk or stand for eight (8) hours consecutively; ability to lift 20 pounds as needed; and ability to work effectively and harmoniously with others.
PR 22 (5040 Airport) M. Santillan