|Position Type: Full - Time, Hourly|
Department: 5090- Transportation Services
|Compensation Range: $57,197 - $85,994 Annually |
|Closing Date: September 2, 2019 @5:59pm, CST|
Job Summary: Under general supervision, design and coordinate Transportation Services Division improvement projects from start to finish and to perform such other duties may be assigned.
- Design, prepare and coordinate the development of complete plans, specifications and cost estimates for transportation improvement projects, including roads, bridges, traffic and underground facilities.
- Prepare required design reports and contract bidding documents for transportation improvement projects related to roads, bridges, traffic signals and underground facilities.
- Conduct transportation engineering evaluations with recommendations through technical studies and investigations in response to complaints and requests from citizens, County Board and other public and private agencies.
- Assist in inspection or request of information for construction projects presenting difficult or complex problems and to ensure construction projects are completed in accordance with the design plans and specifications.
- Organize and participate in project liaison activities with consultants, contractors, public officials, the public, cooperating agencies and other public jurisdictions and coordinate project design and construction schedules; investigate and respond to requests and concerns.
- Monitor application of pertinent local, state and federal environment regulations regarding the design and construction of transportation improvement projects; perform miscellaneous tasks for meeting project timelines, quality assurance/control and budgets as needed.
- Must be a current resident of the State of Wisconsin.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained during incumbency.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) by the State of Wisconsin.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Civil Engineering Transportation.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software, which must include Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience: In addition to the minimum requirements; proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D for designing roads and other transportation improvements is strongly preferred. The ability to be cross trained and provide support in areas of Highway, Traffic, Bridges, and Construction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of civil engineering; knowledge of procedures used in the planning, designing, and construction; skilled at working with contractors, consultants, developers, citizen groups, governmental committees and agencies; skilled at writing technical reports and correspondence; written and oral communication skills; ability to analyze proposed projects or programs in terms of engineering difficulty and costs; ability to develop and prepare comprehensive planning and engineering reports; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with engineers, contractors, public officials and general public.
PG32Z1 (Org: 5200) M. Santillan
|Special Instructions: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the state of Wisconsin. In accordance with Rule III Section 11 of the Civil Service Rules a non-competitive examination will be held for this position. The non-competitive examination will consist of a review of candidate materials, education and related experience. |
Milwaukee County offers a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace. Milwaukee County conducts criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.