1. Certification by the Law Enforcement Standards Board must be acquired during the probationary period and maintained during incumbency.
2. Minimum age of 19.
3. Graduation from high school, high school equivalency diploma or GED required.
4. Applicants shall be of good moral character determined from results of fingerprinting and background investigation. Felons, unless pardoned, will be rejected.
5. College level course work in law enforcement, criminal justice, psychology, sociology, education or social work preferred.
6. Valid driver's license preferred.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities: Skill in reading and comprehending written material; oral and written communications skills; ability to gain the respect and control the behavior of offenders; ability to take prompt and decisive action in emergency situations; ability to restrain combative inmates; ability to maintain a positive attitude and emotional control; ability to work with computers; ability to follow work procedures and rules; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with others.
Must have ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs and ladders, identify colors, and lift and carry 50lbs.
Ability to perform physical tasks (such as restrain combative inmates who weigh 250lbs or more; apply/remove mechanic/soft restraints, e.g., handcuffs, R.I.P.P. bed, assist physically or mentally ill or incapacitated inmates; endure exposure to extreme indoor or outdoor temperatures, e.g. when supervising activity, transporting inmates or guarding facility parameters, may be exposure to OC or pepper spray.
PG14Z1 Org:4000 RV