IT Applications Systems Analyst I, II, III
|Position Type: Full- Time, Salaried|
Department: 1160- DAS
|Compensation Range: $49,248.67 - $88,359.97|
|Closing Date: Open until filled|
Job Summary: IT Applications Systems Analyst I, II or III utilizes specialized knowledge of software & systems components and applies knowledge and skills in problem solving, implementing, configuration changes, including technical expertise in assigned systems at the senior level. Analyzes, documents, installs, and maintains applications, software and systems. Provides technical support to lead a center of excellence solutions.
Hands on support for day to day usage of applications. Maintains a deep domain knowledge of the functionality of Milwaukee County Enterprise applications, technology and integrations. Provides technical support to IMSD staff.
Converts requirements into appropriate system configurations. Supports the planning, creation & implementation of interfaces & other integration as necessary. Primary support resource for applications. Primary for integration of County to enterprise systems.
Ensures security, compliance and integrity of systems and data. Creates, implements, maintains and tests DR procedures for applications. Ensures Change control and support ticketing processes are executed by defined procedures.
Practice strong personal management routines; effectively participates in the IMSD performance management process to drive goals & performance; Works effectively in a matrix environment & develop a culture of collaboration; Ensures IMSD reputation for solid delivery.
Completes all administrative tasks required for the position, including time reporting and documentation. Provide supervision to other analysts and act as lead programmer within projects or maintenance related tasks. Assist management in developing polices & procedures.
Ensure that the data resources support a strategy of data representing the single record of truth. Support BI and reporting initiatives to create an end user reporting environment. Use a data driven approach to drive process improvement for all supporting activities.
Creates, maintains and upgrades. Existing and new software systems.
Other related duties as assigned.
· Level III: Bachelor’s degree and five years equivalent of working experience in a business or IT environment
· Level II: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years OR an associate degree and four years equivalent of working experience in a business or IT environment
· Level I: Associate degree and five years equivalent of working experience in a business or IT environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of application, system, security and solutions configuration.
- High level skill in use of SQL scripting, .NET framework, Visual Studio, C#, VB, MVC, and SQL Server.
- High level skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the SDLC process and AGILE methodologies
|Special Instructions: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the state of Wisconsin. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.|
Milwaukee County offers a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace. Milwaukee County conducts criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.