Job Summary: This position manages day-to-day benefits operations, customer support, and HR Metric functions. Provides communication and analytical support to the Director of Benefits Administration. Ensures compliance with related laws and regulations. Assists the Director with long-term strategic planning, plan design, and forecasting. Plans and executes recurring projects including annual enrollment and year-end transitions. Serve as benefits system platform expert.
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable Federal and State statutes, County ordinances, department policies, and labor contracts as they pertain to the Milwaukee County's life and health benefit plans.
- Primary contact for day-to-day benefit plan operations. Oversight of automated benefits system structure, data integrity, and interface with retirement and HR/payroll systems. Reviews plan manuals and documents and ensures consistency with benefits process and procedures.
- Directs general benefits service staff including recruitment, supervision, and professional development. Assigns resources as needed to execute general benefits operations. Leads/Coordinates contract staff for integration of retiree benefits with the pension system.
- Monitors benefits division department operating budget. Monitor performance versus budget.
- Analyzes self-created and third party reports to identify trends in utilization and assist in monitoring annual performance versus budget.
- Design and execute benefits publications, mass communications, and educational seminars. Draft and review correspondence for second-level benefits appeals. Coordinates with the Director Benefits Administration for related media inquiries and other record requests.
- Assists the Director of Benefits Administration in developing plan design options, forecasting aggregate utilization outcomes under multiple real and hypothetical scenarios.
- Primary contact for HR systems. Plan, develop, and troubleshoot procedures dictating flow of data through multiple HR, Payroll, Benefits, and vendor systems. Serves as the HR lead for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the enterprise resource platform (ERP).
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources, Public Administration or closely related field
- Five (5) or more years of progressive experience in benefits administration
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience in human resources or benefits areas
- Valid driver’s license and accessibility to an insured reliable vehicle
· Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) is preferred.