**Position requires the ability to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays as required. * This position also offers medical insurance benefits.
Job Summary: Under supervision able to perform unskilled or semi-skilled construction related labor in highway maintenance division on State, County and Interstate Highways.
1. Apply chemicals, anti-ice, salting, snow plowing, winter road patrolling, and snow fence installation.
2. Check lights, fluids and overall vehicle condition; to wash vehicles; to maintain flail mowers, vac-alls, tar kettles, arrow boards, road work signs, and hand tools.
3. Mill and air hammer asphalt for prep and replacement; to remove concrete slabs, for prep and replacement; to perform pothole repair, shoulder repair and maintenance; and to use other construction related equipment.
4. Cut and chip trees along state and county roads and interstates; to clean culverts and ditches of debris to ensure proper water flow.
5. Sign and cone for lane and road closures on Interstate, State and County Trunk Highways in accordance with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
6. Repair guard rail barrier walls, tau systems, smart cushion, attenuator barrels, and fence repair.
7. Wash and sweep out shops; to pick litter or trash along all County, State and Interstate Highways.