Under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director of the Milwaukee County EMS (Paramedic) System or designee, to provide advanced life support services to the general public at approved events.
Under the supervision of the Educational Coordinator, to assist in the initial and State-mandated continuing education of Emergency Medical Technicians-Paramedics.
- To respond to the site of the medical emergency when dispatched
- To perform appropriate patient assessment as detailed in the Standards of Care Manual of the Milwaukee County EMS (Paramedic) System
- To provide appropriate emergency medical care
- Tto document patient care events
- To prepare equipment and supplies for use on the next response
- To supervise trainees enrolled in the Milwaukee County Paramedic Training Center in clinical experience areas
- To evaluate the progress of students assigned to his/her supervision
- To assist in the evaluation process of trainees enrolled in the Milwaukee County Paramedic Training Center
- To perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of the culture of the fire department; knowledge of the principles, theories and techniques of emergency medical services; skill in providing emergency care; oral and written communication skills; skill in performing duties in stressful situations; ability to maintain professional demeanor in emergency situations; ability to carry essential ambulance equipment; ability to enter and exit the ambulance, public or private residence and any scene of a medical emergency; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with students, staff, patients and others.